See What's New

Saturday, December 24, 2022

December Twenty-Fourth--Shoebox

Write a riddle whose answer is shoebox.

Shoebox Example Riddle
I've languished in your closet,
I've hidden in the dark,
In a stack of empty boxes,
My course as yet unmarked.
Then one bright day in autumn
You take me from the shelf
And fill me with new treasures
Like a Christmas elf.
But really, you're an angel
For children far away
Who will get lovely presents
For the first time this Christmas day.
Thank you, kindly Santa,
For packing me with care,
Labelling me in red and green
My gorgeous gifts to share.

(It's too late this year to send out a shoebox with Operation Christmas Child, but check it out. It's a lovely Christmas tradition to pack a shoebox with gifts for children in need around the globe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fellow writers! I love it when we can inspire each other and help one another grow. With this in mind, keep it friendly and on-topic.
Have a great day! ;)