See What's New

Monday, February 15, 2021

Sunday Morning

 Sunday Song
I've got a poem in my heart
And a dance in my feet,
A song on my tongue-
The rhythm and the beat
Overtake my soul
As the snow is quickly falling
I spin and fall with it,
And then I get up again.

Take No Road
Though I am alone, and though I wander "aimlessly,"
I'm neither lonely nor lost, nor will I ever be.
The joy within is the word without,
As I run and leap and turn about,
Sing and write and rhyme and play,
Loving the night as I do the day.
A poem is a feeling, and a feeling is a thing
That makes one want to rage- or cry- or sing-
So a poem at its finest should do the very same-
Emotions of gold set in a lingual frame.
When I am alone, and when I wander "aimlessly,"
A poem charts my course, right to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fellow writers! I love it when we can inspire each other and help one another grow. With this in mind, keep it friendly and on-topic.
Have a great day! ;)