See What's New

Monday, July 25, 2022

Lone

Just because I'm alone doesn't mean I'm lonely.
My mind, the thoughts nonstop, keep me in good comp'ny.
The seraphim singing praise in Babel never understand.
The demons of the blood stained-glass beg me let them in.
I train my brain to take the pain, trust faithful reason only.

Just because I'm alone doesn't mean I'm lonely.

Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean I'm alone.
In a room of chattering peers, still I'm on my own.
If you want to be unique, you have to be different as well.
Surrounded by worldly angels, I reside in abyss ethereal.
I'm never cast more into the past than when I'm fin'lly known.

Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fellow writers! I love it when we can inspire each other and help one another grow. With this in mind, keep it friendly and on-topic.
Have a great day! ;)