See What's New

Friday, December 9, 2022

December Ninth--Ornament

 Write a riddle whose answer is ornament.

Ornament Example Riddle
You found me, glistening, on a quest
To a little shop.
As you drove through the mountain town,
Your mother shouted, "Stop!"
Out of the crowded car you piled
Into the sparkling store
Where softly played the yuletide tunes
You'd heard many times before.
Within was a forest of festive, bright trees,
Some small, some ever so high--
And I was found by one of these,
Glittering, fragile, shy.
You picked me up and brought me forth,
Where I was padded and swaddled so,
Bundled for the journey down the mountain,
To my new and verdant home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fellow writers! I love it when we can inspire each other and help one another grow. With this in mind, keep it friendly and on-topic.
Have a great day! ;)